ideas

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why do people work after "working hours"? Too much work or too little planning. Does it depend upon which level you are in the organisation? Does it depend upon how much work you have at home? This thought often crosses me when I come across our clients. Infact , now that I ahve nothing much to study, I do not crib when I have to stay a little longer. I just start surfing the net for some information and time just runs away. Do people get paid for the hours they are expected to put in after the office hours? Generally, I have seen most women leave by 7 .30 pm but men hang around seeing cricket match scores, gossiping and of course doing some work too. I admit that I am never able to finish my work within 5 30. Is that due to procrastination? Is it because I have a laptop and I can always work on it when I go home? ??

8 Comments:

Blogger Invisible said...

If people are paid for working late, they(U) wont work during office hours. They(U) will start working only after 5.30. :)

People work after office hours for many reasons.... free internet cafe, free AC, free snacks (not always). If they are getting paid for this... Its like getting paid for eating a pie!!!

If u cant work at office, i m 200% sure that u wont work at home even if u have a laptop. I think u can understand wat i m tryin to say.....

11:52 PM  
Blogger Versatile said...

No, I dont..

8:37 AM  
Blogger Invisible said...

Office is the place to work. If ur not workin at office u wont work at home(wer u r not required to work). Can u understand now?

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Murali I dont get it either. If you can clarify i will support you :-)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Mukund said...

Sorry that anonymous was me- Mukund

7:34 PM  
Blogger Invisible said...

Office is a place designated to work.
If ur not working at office (where ur only work is to work)u wont be working at home(where u can do all sort of things other than work).

6:30 PM  
Blogger Versatile said...

Hmm..Murali, the question is quite different. There are ppl who work both at office and at home to complete the work. Ppl who dont work at office anyway wont work at home also. They will just simply tell you that they were awake till 4 am in the morn doing work!! Anyway, I will ask you my doubts in person.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Rajiv said...

People stay late for various reasons..
1)They have nothing to do at home and are bored.They aren't good planners professionally and personally.:)
2)They want to show that they are staying late..(observe carefully-you will see that people love sending mails only in the midnight)

From my point of view,i dont even try to finish off my work by 5.30 coz i know am going to stay late anyways.If i finish it doesn't mean i can leave-it means more work in store for me..So always play safe :P..

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home